Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Eye at the printer

In this digital age there is something that I still hold close to my heart - a printed magazine. Some people tell me "print is dead" or "read it online for free" but there is an unmatched experience in holding the physical object, the smell of the ink and the crispness of the color. Now I admit that not all magazines live up to these expectations especially when printed on a digital press. Now the good people over at Eye magazine have been running a tight ship for a long time now. I have collected their, some might say overpriced publication since I got my first job out of design school and I was pleased to stumble across this flickr story of how the mag is printed.



Take a look at the whole set, and if you can afford it, support people that print shit the old-school way.

No comments:

Post a Comment